A REMARKABLE incident-packed second-half at Victoria Park saw Heys romp to a 5-1 victory in First Division North as the home side imploded after getting themselves back into the game.

The first half was far from one-way traffic, as Nelson made their intentions clear from the off, and had the first chance, Mike Smith saving from Gareth Hill.

James Wolfenden, back at Nelson for the first time since joining Heys, made a good impression on the right flank, and after linking up with Danny White and Lee Grimshaw, just failed to get a clean shot away.

Nelson skipper Ash Brierley was an inch from opening the scoring with a long-range drive pushed onto the inside of the post by Smith, the ball bouncing back across goal and out.

Hill was again thwarted by Smith after his neat footwork created space and, once he had danced past Heys defenders he put his next effort wide.

Heys opened the scoring just after the half-hour mark. Grimshaw and White challenged for a high ball with home keeper Marcel Wsiewicz, and the ball fell to Liam Healey who drilled in his first goal for the club.

Will Shawcross went close and Dom Slaven headed against the bar but it remained 1-0 at half time.

The second-half drama took just two minutes to get under way as Slaven tangled with a Nelson player on the touchline, and it quickly disintegrated into a melee with players running in to get involved.

When the game resumed, White sent a free kick just wide of the near post.

The Admirals pulled level through Alexander Grice , who pounced on a loose ball after Mark Ayres’ fine tackle, curling it over Smith and in.

But Heys only waited four minutes before regaining the lead, Grimshaw heading in White’s cross.

And three minutes later, Heys added another goal, while Nelson saw their keeper dismissed.

There looked to be no danger, but somehow, the ball bounced back into the goal off Heys’ James Wolfenden. Immediately after awarding the goal, the referee showed a red card to Wieswicz for something said in protest.

Just after the hour mark, Grimshaw almost grabbed Heys’ fourth goal, but his shot was parried away before Ayres’ bicycle kick narrowly cleared the crossbar.

The result was put beyond doubt on 74 minutes when James Dwyer headed powerfully home from Shawcross’ corner to net his first goal in a Heys shirt.

Five minutes later, the noisy band of Heys supporters was treated to a rare and wonderful sight, Darius Photiou picking up Slaven’s lay-off and blasting a superb effort into the net to complete the scoring.

Nelson fought to the end, and Jake Lloyd squandered a great chance when he blasted over after the ball had been worked forward well.

It had been a tetchy second half and the 5-1 scoreline was perhaps harsh on Nelson, with the damage done by the dismissal when the game was still in the balance.

Heys return home this weekend for the hosting of Cleator Moor Celtic.

Kick off at Adie Moran Park is 3pm.