AFTER their first FA Vase second qualifying-round tie could not produce a winner, Prestwich Heys made sure they progressed in style, firing six goals against Padiham in Tuesday night’s replay at Adie Moran Park.

A rousing 2-2 draw at the weekend led to the replay, which Heys emphatically won, thanks to two goals from Lee Grimshaw, with Rio Wilson-Heyes, Chris Baguley, Michael Itela and Theo Kidd also scoring.

Grimshaw had hit the only goal of the first half, shortly after three fine chances had gone begging for Padiham.

With seven minutes of the second half gone Wilson-Heys doubled Heys’ lead. When Grimshaw hit his second on the hour mark, Padiham were ruing more missed opportunities.

Jack Tinning offered the visitors some hope when he pulled a goal back but those hopes looked dashed moments later as Baguley restored the three-goal cushion.

Liam O’Neill’s penalty eight minutes from time made it 4-2 and threatened a nervy finish for the hosts but Itela eased any fears with the fifth goal for Prestwich.

Right at the end Kidd completed the scoring to earn Heys a home tie against Garforth Town in round one on October 13.

The first tie on Saturday had ebbed and flowed before the two teams ran themselves to a standstill, putting on a fine show with the woodwork hit, great saves and plenty of chances.

Padiham keeper Tony Aghayere made the first save, plucking Grimshaw’s header out of the air, before his opposite number Callum Jakovlevs pushed O’Neill’s shot round the post.

The resulting corner led to Padiham’s first goal, though, James Dean rising highest to head home.

Brad Sixsmith levelled for Heys, his pull-back rebounding off a defender and Aghayere fumbled the ball over the line.

Either side of the break the Padiham keeper was called into action again. He pushed a 30-yard shot from White round the post just before half time and darted off his line to thwart Sixsmith soon after the restart.

The hosts responded and it took another great save by Jakovlevs to keep out a close-range header by Ben Fletcher.

However, in the 68th minute Heys broke to take the lead, Grimshaw sent tumbling after he had cut into the box and White firing home the resulting penalty.

But O’Neill steered Adam Jones’ cross in off the inside of the post with a glancing header to set up the replay.

Heys host Steeton on Saturday, kick off 3pm.