A MIXED week for Prestwich Heys in Hallmark Security League First Division North began with a 4-2 home defeat against Ashton Town.

They started full of promise, faded, bounced back with some flowing football and then frittered the game away.

Although Heys' performance was patchy, the decisive moment was the needless dismissal of Rio Wilson-Heyes.

He may have been on the end of a poor challenge but when all had settled his sending off for two yellow cards for dissent, in a matter of moments, ultimately cost his team the match.

In the sixth minute Heys made their early momentum count as Brad Sixsmith and Jake Wood combined on the right before the latter picked out Max White who steered in a low shot from the edge of the area.

Ashton levelled in the 24th minute when a long ball undid Heys and Bowers went through to lift the ball over Mike Smith.

The visitors shot themselves in the foot on the half hour by gifting Heys a goal.

A long ball saw Dylan Sweeney put under pressure by Ben Conway and rashly roll the ball to Adam Farrell who, with the keeper out of his goal, had the easiest of finishes.

In the 65th minute came the dismissal of Wilson-Heyes and the mood changed.

Ashton sensed this was their moment and levelled for a second time in the 74th minute when Mat Johnson broke free and swept an angled shot low past Smith.

Five minutes later the visitors were ahead. With Heys all at sea, Liam Fitzgerald picked out an unmarked Jason Carey and he drilled home from 12 yards.

Heys looked to respond but were unable to fashion the opening that would give them a way back into the game and in the 90th minute all hope was extinguished as a low cross was gleefully slotted home by Robert Lamont.

On Friday night, Heys travelled to Chadderton and bounced back from the home defeat with a 2-1 win in Jon Lyon's 300th competitive game in charge.

The opening goal came on 14 minutes, Wilson-Heyes working himself into space to shoot and when Jordan Hadlow could only parry his powerful drive, Farrell showed all his predatory instincts to force the ball home.

On 23 minutes Chadderton hit the bar and four minutes later, Smith made a brave save to collect the ball from the feet of an onrushing Harry Pratt.

The sucker punch came for the home side on 38 minutes minutes when Sixsmith was on hand to head home Heys’ second and his first goal for the club.

After the break, the visitors remained on top as the half passed the midway point but, out of the blue, Chadderton got one back when James Dwyer controlled the ball outside the Heys area and unleashed a rocket which flew into the far top corner.

Though Chaddy continued to press to the final whistle, Heys ran out winners after an industrious and hard-working performance.

On Tuesday night, a six-goal second-half blitz saw Heys win 8-1 at home to AFC Blackpool.

The visitors took the lead eight minutes in but by half time, the game had turned on its head thanks to an equaliser from Lee Grimshaw and then a Farrell strike seven minutes before the interval.

It was all Heys after the break with further goals from Grimshaw, Sixsmith, Jamie Baguley, Lee Bruce (two) and Mikey Itela rounding off a comprehensive victory.