PRESTWICH Heys bounced back to winning ways after three goals in a remarkable four-minute spell in the first half put them on track for victory at Eccleshall on Saturday.

They suffered a late scare but eventually ran out 5-3 winners to get the disappointment of a midweek 2-1 at defeat home to Liversedge in the FA Vase out of their system.

Lee Bruce and Alfie Belcher both grabbed doubles in what was a hugely entertaining game played on a perfect surface at Eccleshall.

Max White had already hit the bar with a free kick before Heys scored the opener to take a 12th minute lead, Danny White lifting a shot into the roof of the net after Eccleshall had struggled to clear their lines.

Heys won back possession from the restart and Bruce broke down the left before picking out Belcher who drove the ball into the bottom corner for a quick-fire second.

A third in goal followed on 16 minutes when Belcher returned the compliment, picking out strike partner Bruce with a neat pass that he stabbed home.

It took a great low save at full stretch by home keeper Reece Quinn to keep out a Bruce shot in the 26th minute and its significance was underlined as Eccleshall went straight down the other end to get themselves back in it with a goal from Elliott Booth.

A rampant Heys side were not do be denied, however, and they scored two more goals either side of the break.

Belcher followed up after his initial shot was blocked to score his second of the game on 40 minutes.

And Bruce seized on a defensive mix-up to steal possession before rolling the ball past Quinn and put Heys 5-1 up four minutes into the second half.

Eccleshall showed great spirit to battle back with goals from Louis Downs and Jack Warren, but Heys were able to see out a memorable encounter.

Their return to the FA Vase in midweek after a 26-year absence was an equally engrossing game, but one Liversedge just edged at a rain lashed Adie Moran Park.

The visitors were 2-0 up after 11 minutes thanks to a brace from Tom White, and while Heys peppered the Liversedge goal for the remainder of the first qualifying round tie it took until the 82nd minute for them to pull one back.

Belcher's stunning 25-yard strike set up a grandstand finish but the Yorkshire hung on to make it into the next round.

Heys, who are sixth in the Hallmark Security League First Division, travel to St Helens Town (kick off 3pm) on Saturday, while the reserves, who did not have a game last weekend, host Springhead (2pm).