PRESTWICH Heys manager Jon Lyons refused to single out any player for blame, saying none of his team turned up in Saturday's 1-0 defeat at home to AFC Blackpool.

Conor Bishop's 69th-minute goal was enough to seal victory for the visitors as Heys suffered a rare off day.

They had started their campaign in the Hallmark Security League First Division with a flourish, scoring 14 goals in their previous three matches, which included a 4-2 triumph at Cheadle Town last Wednesday.

The matches continued to come thick and fast, with Heys due to play at Litherland REMYCA last night, after the Guide had gone to press, and at home to Liversedge on Saturday in the club's first FA Vase match in 30 years.

Lyons was at pains to stress that, despite their positive results in the opening weeks of the season, he would not tolerate any drop in the standards they have set.

"Saturday was a bad day at the office," said Lyons. "There's not many times in a season when every single player doesn't turn up.

"Lads who get dropped can't say anything because no one deserves a start.

"I do expect a big reaction *against Litherland) and I'm confident we can come away with three points.

"Don't get me wrong, I except it to be one of our hardest games of the season, but all the lads know we need a big performance.”

The pace, energy, tenacity and movement that has characterised Heys' football in the opening weeks of the season was sadly lacking on Saturday.

If there was a pass to be miss-hit or a ball to be scuffed Heys managed it.

They also lacked the clinical finishing that was such a factor in their opening victories.

Rob Ablewhite headed a rare early chance straight at keeper Callum Kirkland, who also did well to tip over a Max White free kick.

Blackpool set out their stall to defend, but after nullifying the Heys threat then countered with a deep cross that Bishop headed home at the far post.

The goal, coming with little over 20 minutes remaining, failed to spark the home side into life. But Jake Wood did see a header cleared off the line on 80 minutes while White was unlucky to see a shot across the keeper go wide in time added on.

It was a marked contrast to Heys' all-action performance in their 4-2 win at Cheadle Town midweek, when they stormed into a 3-0 lead by the interval.

Malachi Slaven put Lyons' men in front on six minutes before Lee Bruce weighed in with a brace.

Dominic Slaven restored the visitors' advantage on 66 minutes after George Carey had pulled a goal back for the hosts.

And while Cheadle's James Dunn netted with 10 minutes remaining to set up a tense finish, Heys were good value for all three points.

Lyons will be hoping for a similarly rousing display on Saturday when his side host unbeaten Northern Counties Premier Division side Liversedge, from Yorkshire, in the FA Vase.