By Claire Cameron

WITH a number of his regular first-team players unavailable over the Easter weekend, Sedgley Tigers coach Geoff Roberts had the opportunity to shuffle his pack for the rescheduled visit of Luctonians in National League Two North.

Despite missing the injured quartet of Andy Riley, Chris Parrott, Mike Waywell and Juan Crous, as well as Jamie Harrison (sickness), Ben Black and Jimmy Lloyd (both holiday), the fourth-placed Tigers, eased to their sixth consecutive win.

The match, postponed in February due to a waterlogged pitch at Park Lane, saw Jonny Lamprey and second-team player Davis Strong given opportunities to impress.

Liam West was also in at hooker in place of Johnny Matthews.

Roberts said: “We did make quite a few changes to the team.”

The Tigers, who play their final fixture of the season at Caldy on Saturday, fell behind in the second minute but an outstanding second-half performance put the visitors to the sword.

“There was quite a tight start to the game with Luctonians taking the lead, but then in the second half we just blew them away,” Roberts said.

“We scored some lovely tries and we had more pace on the wings and that really showed as we started to go out wide in the second period.

“They just couldn’t compete.”

“The thing that did it was sheer pace.

“We are hoping for another win on Saturday to finish on a positive and start preparing for next year.”

Sedgley conceded an unconverted Drew Cheshire try inside two minutes and it took until the 20th minute for the Tigers to respond with debutant Davis Strong going over for a try and Steve Collins converting.

However, Luctonians were in front again on the half-hour mark.

Matt Lamprey levelled the scores at 12-12 in the 35th minute with a try which was again converted by Collins as the hosts led 14-12 at half time.

Lamprey (two), William Emerson and Liam West all added second-half tries with Collins converting three as the Tigers extended their lead to 40-12 in the 68th minute.

Richard Wainwright completed the scoring in the 72nd minute with an unconverted try as the Tigers ran out comfortable winners.