Fire at chemical factory puts residents on alert

RESIDENTS have been told to stay in their homes and keep windows and doors shut following a fire chemical factory.

Fire crews were called to Ferrari Electroplating, in Bury Road, Radcliffe, at 8.45pm when a vat containing 2,500 litres of copper sulphate set alight.

More than 30 firefighters worked for three hours to tackle the blaze and stop it spreading further into the building.

A cordon was set up around the warehouse and people living nearby were advised to keep their doors and windows closed to protect them from any toxic fumes.

No-one was in the factory at the time of the fire and the cause of it is now under investigation.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree