A MAN has died after being brutally attacked at the Parklife Weekender Festival.

Robert Hart, aged 26, died at Salford Royal Hospital yesterday after suffering a bleed to the brain.

He was knocked unconscious in front of the main stage in Heaton Park, Prestwich, on Saturday (June 7) after a confrontation occured when he and his girlfriend were hit by an inflatable doll.  

Three men were stabbed with knives over the two days in separate incidents and across the weekend a total of 29 arrests were made by police.

A statement issued on behalf of Parklife’s organisers said they “regretted” what had taken place.

Around 67,000 revellers a day flocked to the musical extravaganza as Heaton Park played host to headliners Snoop Dogg, Foals and Disclosure.

Organisers had plans in place to prevent anti-social behaviour and the “vast majority” of festival-goers were well behaved, police confirmed.

But both days of Parklife — which was based at Platt Fields Park until last year — were marred by violence for the first time since the event was staged in 2010.

Police have issued an efit to trace Robert's attack, who was described as mixed race, aged about 25 and 6ft 1 tall. He was stocky with short, curly black hair shaved at the sides and was wearing shorts and a blue, bomber-style jacket with the letter 'A' in white on the front.

Det Insp Mark Tootill said: “It happened in a large crowd at one of the peak times of the festival, so we know there will be some people out there who have witnessed it.

“We are extremely keen to speak to the two off-duty medical staff we believe administered CPR, or anyone else who believe they may have seen the attack take place.”

Two brothers aged 19 and 22 were stabbed at about 7.30pm on Saturday.

The younger victim remains stable in Manchester Royal Infirmary with serious injuries after suffering deep wounds to his neck and arm.

The other, who also had a bottle smashed over his head, was treated at Parklife’s medical facility for a wound to his arm, and was later discharged.

The third stabbing occurred at 8.30pm on Sunday and resulted in a 17-year-old boy needing 100 stitches to his face. One other minor assault occurred on Saturday.

Ch Insp Gary Simpson said: “It is a shame that such a well-attended event is marred by the actions of a few individuals intent on inflicting violence upon other people.”